Monday, August 3, 2009

iPhone's across the world being hacked?

Recently a security researcher name charlie miller found a flaw in the iPhone new operating system 3.0 so i saw the video on how exactly he did it and realized something... that looks pretty easy to do. SO me being the person i am tried it on my 3g iPhone and to my surprise i failed the first time but i realized what i did wrong went back and tried again (im not a quitter im keep trying until i succeed lol) so within 15 minutes i had hacked into my iPhone. WTF APPLE?? they pay there employees lots of money and they make a dumb mistake like this? The really sad part about this whole situation is that before iPhone OS 3.0 was released like when it was still in beta stage apple was notified about the situation which means they didn't want to do anything about it until about 2 days ago. Luckily there is a way to correct this situation update to iPhone OS 3.0.1 UNLESS you are like me and using you iPhone on an unauthorized network such as T-mobile. YES i did jailbreak and unlock my iPhone. If you are also like me and did this you can use redsn0w to unlock/jailbreak your iPhone just run redsn0w after you update your iPhone and when redsn0w asks you to identify the iPhone OS point it to OS 3.0. if your having problems with this feel free to ask me for help in the comments ill return with an email or something asap because i know everyone loves their iPhone !

1 comment: